Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Completed Living Room Project- family home





I loved this project. The home belongs to clients who have young children and a lovely little dog so it had to be tough enough to handle the demands.

I redesigned the fireplace, changing it in the process from wood burning to a fuel efficient gas insert.  I used a little asymmetry in my design which is unusual for me.  The new smaller hearth is honed slate, the tiles are 1x1 faceted mirror tiles (from Icon Stone and Tile) .  I designed the new built-ins for the existing alcoves.  We did them in glossy white and they were economical that way.  Both sides of the built ins have hidden under cabinet task lighting.  The carpet was torn out and replaced with Bamboo hardwood.  The ceiling was taken down and replaced so that we could use halogen pots and get rid of the old textured ceiling.

The leather Wingback sofa and matching 5 foot ottoman is from Montauk, the cute little slipper chair was the clients own and I had it refinished in black and reupholstered in chartreuse bouclĂ©.  The gorgeous yellow Knoll Bertoia diamond chair was ordered through Kit Interior Objects as was the authentic ghost chair and the Marimekko fabric for the toss cushions & the Fat Boy bean bag chair.    The clients artwork is by artist Bratsa Bonifacho.  Everything was painted in my fav Benjamin Moore color- Oxford white.
You can see all the after photos on my flickr site
Here are the before photos-  









4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, this is impressive. the changes to the fireplace alone are worth the price of admission. your clients must be thrilled.

Lori Andrews said...

Thanks! Yes i think they quite like it.

sheila said...

gorgeous work, Lori - such a fresh & inviting space now!

Lori Andrews said...

thanks! I love the completed project :)