Monday, February 2, 2009

Cabin Fever


Mom and Larry are building a one room cabin on their ranch for guests. To quote my mom "it's not like we need it, we just want it". Oh indeed! I can't wait to wake up at dawn to the view of the pond on a gorgeous summer morning! Papa Larry has installed wind and solar power on the ranch this year. The cabin will have electricity supplied by the wind and the solar panels. as well, it will have a composting toilet (shhhh, pretend I didn't say toilet). I can't wait for it to be finished. so awesome.
I feel responsible for the best design feature on the cabin - windows that face the lake! seriously, I had to really explain the benefits. Just wait until I post photos of it next summer. I might just quit the city and move in permanently. :)

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

do you want to adopt me so I can move into the cabin with you? SRSLY!! :)

the light is amazing in these shots! it's going to be sooooo awesome.

Lori Andrews said...

I totally would Carolyn cept it's a one room cabin so there's not enough room! teehee
it really is going to be awesome