Saturday, January 8, 2011

three things I plan to do this year

Things I plan to do this year.
Ok, I'll call it what it is.

Three New Years Resolutions that I made-

1.  Learn some conversational Spanish.  To that end I have signed up for a course already with Calgary Continuing Education
 If you were wondering why Spanish?  Well, I'm headed to Cozumel, Mexico in a few months for a little vacation with my dear girlfriend and her lovely authentically Mexican husband!  It is only polite that I should have a few words to converse with them as they are putting me up in their home!

doesn't it look nice in Cozumel!



















2. Um, and since I'm going to the beautiful beaches of Cozumel in a couple of months.  One of the other things I am working on is getting my Canadian winter figure whipped into bikini shape.  I am on a very enjoyable gluten free eating plan that SHOULD get me there. My genius nutritionist friend came up with the plan for me.  I hope to convince her to make this her full time career once her little one reaches school age.   Also, exercise, and lot's of it.  Wish me luck!

3.  My final plan for the year is to record at least two songs. I have been writing lyrics for years but now seems like the right time to put it all together and make some actual music.  I intend to involve my most talented and beautiful musical genius friend of course.  She kinda knows about it.  Maybe not the part where she is involved of course.  It may require a trip to California by me to convince her.  That will be fun even if she refuses!

and those are my goals for the year.

you?

p.s. there is one more but it involves needles and ink and probably another fainting episode so I'm not totally convinced I will do that one.  

5 comments:

Unknown said...

A tattoo? Yay!

Lori Andrews said...

yah, the one I have needs a companion. :)

Unknown said...

One of my goals for last fall was to start learning Spanish and haven't started yet :( If you need a tattoo reco my hubs has a few from a great studio here ;). And don't forget about my backup singing!! Good luck with them all.

Lori Andrews said...

well I guess you better sign up for a class Nyla! thanks!

and no, I have not forgotten your back up singing offer. :)

Tina Riddell said...

you will love cozumel, I have been there 3 times and enjoyed every visit. I highly recommend scuba diving while there.

I look forward to hearing a song written by you!